1) Wet Hair with Regular Water: It is said that your hair acts as a sponge and wetting your hair with regular water will help protect it from absorbing the salt.
2) Condition your hair BEFORE you get into the water. Many surfers use leave-in conditioners (some have UV blockers) If you’re looking for all natural products try Burt’s Bees Avocado Hair Treatment.
3) Braid your hair! This tip helps to keep your hair from absorbing too much water and also helps to keep the conditioner in your hair longer.
4) Once A Week: Treat your hair with a deep conditioner such as ORGANIC Root Stimulator hair products (try your local Walgreen’s or CVS stores) or you can try natural hair care products by PHYTO. You can also change up your conditioning routine by alternating with jojoba oil, argan oil and kukui nut oil…these products work great for thick and frizzy hair types.
5) Don’t forget to rinse your hair after you get out of the water and add some conditioner but instead of using a brush (especially if you have long hair) use a quality thick-toothed comb or pic to get the knots out.
For more surf photos go to “Surfer Girls” on Facebook and “The Surf Life of Ponce Inlet, FL”
Hair tips by Coconut Girl Wireless at WordPress.com
Surfer Girls~Ponce Jetty, FL